Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week 5: midterm midterm midterm

This week was tough one. Three of my courses, CSC148, CSC165 and MAT137, have set the midterms in this week.

CSC148 was the first one among the three courses above. At first, I was in panic preparing for it, because this is the first midterm of this course, and I have no idea about what kind of questions will I face to in the test.

Usually, I use past tests a lot when preparing for exams. However, in this course, the past papers are not so helpful, because the previous classes share a different coverage of Test 1 from us, and the categories of questions are quite different as well. Hopefully, I still know that the exam is to test how well do I understand the stuff taught in this course. Then I started to review on the course notes, Lecture slides, handouts, and of course, the lab materials. It was tough though, since I didn't get all the document well organized. Well, the test was not so hard as imagined.

After the test, we've got a lecture about queue. I found lots of my friends found it difficult to distinguish between queue and stack, but I am doing it well. Just like the name of these two data structures, queues are like the queues in Starbucks, while, the person in the front leave the queue after taking orders, and the costumers join the queue from the end. The stacks are like like a stack of cards on the table, while people can only pick or add cards from the top.

By the way, I found out that as a computer science student, Bahen Information Center is my second home for me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment