Monday, April 6, 2015

The Coder: An Unexpected Journey (LOOKING BACK)

(Source: http://www.comicbookbrain.com/hobbit-unexpected-journey.php)

About 3 months ago, I started my journey of CSC148, which is such an experience for me. In this course, I've learnt about object-oriented programming, ADTs and a lot of things.

After learning OOP, I am now able to create objects like shapes, dots, games and tables with Python. It was really excited to have objects with specified characteristics and methods like the property and actions they have in the real world. Also, learning OOP helps me to get ready for the next year's courses.

As for ADT, this really took me some time to get through everything. Queues, stacks, trees (a lot of trees) and linked list, I have to know them from understanding their names, and their name has really labeled out their properties. From learning about ADT, I can store value efficiently in each circumstance. However, I still need to do more practice.

Speaking of practice, labs really helps me to understand contents for each week respectively. After learning the theoretical stuff in lectures, labs give us opportunities to literally work on it, discover it by ourselves. Although there was no more labs after the strike, the lab materials were still posted, so it still helps.

Quiz during labs were not difficult for me, but still, no more after the strike, and I did miss them.

As for assignments, they really took me a lot of efforts, and nights, to finish them. However, by doing assignments, I learnt to communicate with other students, share our ideas. I have to admit that it was tough to understand other people's code, but once I have made it, wow, "That idea is awesome", "So are yours", "let's merge them", and that's how assignments are accomplished. We work together and learn from each other.

After all, I have to say that I love CS. I love CS so much that I'm gonna go along this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment