Monday, April 6, 2015

(Patching up)Week 6: Summary of Object-Oriented Programming concepts

Object-Oriented Programming, AKA OOP, is a concept I've been working on in the first few weeks of the course.

The first time I've heard about this was in high school. However, sadly, I couldn't work on it because the syllabus said no. The first time I apply this concept was in PHY151 course. I was asked to apply a class Ball, with properties including redius, speed, coordinates xyz and mass. It was really excited to set up the first object, feels like I have created a ball inside the computer. The first time I actually learn about OOP and implementing class was in CSC108, which class was used for unittest.

Finally, in CSC148, I could finally work on OOP, basing on the fundamentals I've got in CSC108. After doing the first few classes and labs, I realized that implementing a class is just like set up a set of functions so that clients could generate objects with the code. In the first lab, I was asked to implement a class of race registry. After doing that, I feel just like I'm holding a sheet of table in my had, which I can enroll racers, check information with.

Compared with OOP, what we've done in CSC108 was like 1+1=2 in math, and OOP is the start of my programming journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment